Business + Finance
Real Estate + Development
Scott is a practical problem solver. He serves as outside general counsel to his business and private wealth clients, with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, debt finance, real estate transactions, estate and gift tax planning, fiduciary counseling and litigation, and private trust company formation and administration.
Scott represents clients in all varieties of business transactional matters, ranging from real estate acquisitions to securities offerings. He also counsels clients on estate planning and transfer tax matters, fiduciary litigation, business succession planning and private trust companies. He’s committed to doing whatever it takes to understand and meet his clients’ needs.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Scott taught as a Teach for America corps member and worked as a professional writer and editor. He brings a creative and practical approach to legal counseling and advocacy.
- Serves as outside general counsel to a national private equity firm and investment manager, overseeing matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, SEC regulatory counseling, employment counseling, commercial litigation, real estate transactions, debt financing and fund formation.
- Represents clients in connection with high-stakes business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial leasing, real estate finance and securities offerings.
- Counsels business owners regarding business succession planning.
- Serves as fiduciary counsel to trustees in every aspect of trust administration, including transactions, distributions, restructuring and termination.
- Develops comprehensive estate plans, advises clients regarding wealth transfer issues and drafts all varieties of estate planning documents.
- Advises clients regarding transfer tax matters, including federal gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
- Represented trustees in connection with complex multi-jurisdictional trust litigation involving business interests valued in excess of $200 million.
- Represented a national health maintenance organization in transactions including acquisitions, mergers and affiliations.
Ohio State University, J.D., 2012
Magna Cum Laude
Chief Articles Editor of the Ohio State Law Journal
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2004
Summa Cum Laude